WHY TRAVELLING SOLO?
Traveling solo is not only exciting but exposes you to a lot of experiences that can’t be gained when you travel in groups and it allows you to enjoy the destination on your own without distractions of others. “Solitude is a place where you can be you” just remember that.
Traveling solo is my preferred way, it’s an excellent way to become more independent. in fact, I traveled solo for many years. yeah!! it was a bit lonely sometimes when it looked like I was the only person traveling solo but nothing has shaped me to the extent solo travel has. My compassion for others, tolerance for differing beliefs and relationship with myself have all grown stronger because of it.
THINGS TO DO BEFORE GO:
Take pictures of all your documents
- Passport (the identification page)
- Travel insurance
- Credit cards
- Travel itinerary
- Airline tickets
- Hotel or lodging reservation confirmations
(keep a copy of it in your e-mail account and access it that way. This will save you much trouble if anything gets lost or stolen. )
- Plan in advance. There’s no need for a detailed plan but a list of ideas may help.
- Snap a picture of your cab’s license plate before you get in it. so in case you forget something in the cab, you have a good chance of finding it back.
- Be Punctual. Avoid the unnecessary stress and get to the check-in desk with at least two hours before the flight departure and try to arrive at your destination during the day
- Sufficient Money. it is a very vital element that will help to make your vacation ideal and memorable.
- Interact with locals in public places and meet other travelers in hostels and on tours for a social and well-rounded travel experience.
- When traveling to a foreign country, learn common phrases in the local language to get involved in the culture & help you navigate a new place
- Research Your Destination. It is important to research local culture and customs to ensure pleasant interactions with the people of your destination choice.
- Don’t stand on street corners with a map. If you need to look at the map again, better to do it in a café or restaurant than on the street.
- Leave some money and valuable items in your hotel rather than carry everything around with you
Those are the things that you need to know, hope these tips become beneficial to you. Thanks for reading and check out my other blog post. If you have any questions please comment below.